Recently, Malacañang Palace has declared the Philippine holidays for the upcoming year 2016. Plan ahead, go out, and discover the beauty of the Philippines and its culture!
There are at least 8-9 long weekends in the Philippines this 2016. Check the dates and clear it up for an adventure!
2016 Holidays as declared via Presidential Proclamation number 1105 series of 2015
|1-Jan||Regular||Friday||New Year's Day|
|8-Feb||Special||Monday||Chinese New Year|
|25-Feb||Special||Thursday||People Power Revolution|
|9-Apr||Regular||Saturday||Araw ng Kagitingan|
|21-Aug||Special||Sunday||Ninoy Aquino Day|
|29-Aug||Regular||Monday||National Heroes' Day|
|1-Nov||Special||Tuesday||All Saints' Day|
|31-Dec||Special||Saturday||New Year's Eve|
- December 30, 2015 - January 2, 2016- New Year's Weekend (longest)
- February 6-8 - Chinese New Year Weekend
- March 24 - 27 - Holy Weekend
- August 27 - 29 - National Heroes' Day Weekend
- September 9 - 11 - Eid'l Adha Weekend*
- October 29 - November 1 - All Saints' Day Weekend
- August 27 - August 29 - National Heroes' Day Weekend
- December 30 - January 1, 2017 - New Year's Weekend
The president has declared January 2, 2016, a Saturday, as a holiday, making December 30 - January 2 as the longest weekend for the year 2016.
Eid'l Fitr is on July 6, 2016 (via Presidential Proclamation #6), while Eid'l Adha is on September 12, 2016 (via Presidential Proclamation #56).
And here is how you can enjoy your holidays in the Philippines.
and be sure to check out our Travel Tips.