Right near Camiguin's capital town of Mambajao, a magnificent waterfalls flowing from Mt. Campana attracts local and foreign tourists.
Situated at 265 meters above sea level and flowing all the way up from Campana's peak at 500 MASL. One of the testaments that this island is blessed with natural wonders. This can be used as a picnic area or you may stop by for a swim through its clean and cool water.
Coming from Benoni port, when you reached Mambajao town, turn left to the street right before you arrive the Camiguin General hospital, from there it is a 4.2km ride to Katibawasan Falls entrance. A fee of P20/person is required to enter. If you happen to bring along a vehicle, the parking fee is P10 and the parking area is along the souvenir and food stalls just before the gate to Katibawasan Falls.
For more information you can contact the following people who helped us out for our Camiguin Road trip.
Sauro (for tours) - +63 927 2751086
Jonel (for motorcycle rental) - +63 927 6307606
The data gathered in this Camiguin Roadtrip has been contributed to the +OpenStreetMap Philippines project for free use of travelers who plan to roam around Camiguin with GPS assistance.
Openstreetmap Philippines Map (link)
Schadow1 Expeditions Contributions (link)
How to use for your Navigation System (link)
For a more detailed account of Schadow1 Expeditions on its 4- day Camiguin Adventure and Mapping Expedition, check on the links below:
- Camiguin Island Roadtrip - discovering the best of Camiguin for four days
- Conquering Hibok-Hibok Volcano 1337 MASL
- Mt. Vulcan Trail 580 MASL
- White Island - A majestic solitary sandbar at Camiguin
- Gui-ob Church Ruins - a reminder of Mt. Vulcan's Eruptive Past
- Sunken Cemetery, a cemetery turned coral reef
- Katibawasan Falls, grandeur with the waterfall flowing from Mt. Campana
- Ostrich Farm, Camiguin - the only ostrich facility in the Philippines
- Sto. Niño Cold Springs, Camiguin
- Ardent Hot Springs - relaxing dip after an H2 Traverse
- Paguia Cottages, a budget resort with big hotel-type rooms