Part 5 of the Cordillera Series
One of the artistic expression of the of the locals of the Sagada can be seen on their pottery. Emotions and artistry are passed on from concept to their hands and to the clay and finally the artwork. Each of the pottery depicts various concepts and refinement of each of its complex designs are visible and unique among one another.
Sagada Pottery is located along Sagada's West Road and is about two kilometers from the town center. The hut to where they express their masterpiece is surrounded by pine trees thus such conceptualization of each of the final product is due to the intricate influence of nature.
We arrived the hut right after sunset after enjoying the its view from Lake Danum going back to Sagada's town center.
The hut is a gold mine of artistic pottery carefully crafted and molded.
From a mere mound of clay like this..
Plus Sagada's locals's conceptualization and hard work...
We get this genuine Sagada Pottery artistry..
Data has been contributed to +OpenStreetMap Philippines and a routable GPS map of the whole country is being compiled weekly to aid drivers and outdoor recreationists on their navigation/trek within the Philippines.
Google Maps (link)
Schadow1 Expeditions Contributions (link)
How to use for your Navigation System (link)
For a more detailed account of Schadow1 Expeditions on its Cordillera Mapping Expedition, check on the links below:
- Part 1: Discovering the Cordilleras - a mapping expedition
- Part 2: Banaue Rice Terraces - a surreal sight of a town 1300 meters above sea level
- Part 3: Kiltepan Peak of the Sagada - an awesome way to greet the sunrise
- Part 4: Sagada's Lake Danum Sunset
- Part 5: Sagada Pottery - emotions and artistry from the hand to the clay
- Part 6: Hanging Coffins and the Irony of the Echo Valley - when death meets life in Sagada
- Part 7: Food Tripping Sagada
- Part 8: Adventure and Cultural Exploration - a Spelunking Experience with Sumaguing and Lumiang Caves
- Part 9: Sagada Travel Guide by Schadow1 Expeditions